The Children’s Ministry at Ryker’s Ridge Baptist Church exists to raise young people who are God-glorifying, God-fearing, Christ-honoring, Bible-saturated, doctrinally-grounded, faith-filled, soul-winning, mission-minded, spiritually-fruitful boys and girls who, by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, along with the leadership of their family, and the assistance of the church, become fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
In order to accomplish this, numerous ministries are provided for our children.
On Sunday mornings,
- Children’s Sunday School is provided for all children up to the 6th grade. Here our children are taught the Word of God straight from the Bible. By God’s grace, we want to partner with you to help disciple your children in the ways of Christ.
- Sunday School meets prior to the morning worship service at 9:00 AM.
- Nursery services are provided for every child under 2 years of age during the morning worship service. Qualified volunteers are ready to serve your children in a safe and clean environment.
- “Extended Session” is a ministry provided for children ages 2-4 years during the morning worship service. These children take part in the first portion of our corporate worship and then are dismissed to their own time of teaching outside of the larger gathering.
On Wednesday evenings,
- The Truth Finders children’s ministry meets during the school year (Aug.-Dec. & Jan.-May) from 6:15-8:00 PM. It is our goal to help churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children to faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
- We offer a van ministry to transport your child to and from our church. Please contact us if your child needs a ride.
In addition to these ministries, our Children’s Ministry also provides Children’s Camps and Vacation Bible School for our children each summer.
In order to accomplish our vision as a Children’s Ministry, we have laid out the following goals and objectives:
Provide God-centered, God-glorifying curriculum that teaches biblical truths, with application of those truths in the lives of the children.
Promote a classroom atmosphere that is godly and biblically correct, rather than one which reflects the culture. (This includes wall hangings, items kept in the classroom and items brought in by the teachers.)
Promote and assist parents with the biblical mandate that they are responsible for the spiritual growth of their children with the father as the leader of the home.
Provide opportunities for parents to learn skills, ideas, etc. to promote biblical parenting.
Provide opportunities for parents to help in their child’s classroom.
Encourage parents to take advantage of opportunities to grow in their own spiritual walk. Assist with childcare when needed.
- Provide fellowship times for families:
- Father / Daughter events
- Father / Son events
- Family play days / Picnics / Cookouts
- Afternoon / Evening Sports (soccer, softball, volleyball, etc.)
- Family Retreats
- Promote love and care of the Sunday School families through communication and acts of kindness on a regular basis.
Keep attendance roll and contact children missing from Sunday School.
Let leadership know when families are going through tough times, as well as actively helping by providing meals, etc.
Promote outreach to families in the community as the opportunities arise.
Promote opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth of the Sunday School teachers.
Promote opportunities and mentoring for new volunteers to be introduced to teaching experiences.
If you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Don’t hesitate to contact us. We want to partner with you to help disciple your child as a follower of Jesus.